Hogwarts Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Chronicles

We're back!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Where are the rest of the dormitories?

Go down 
+2
kivock
Isabelle
6 posters
AuthorMessage
Isabelle
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Isabelle

Where are the rest of the dormitories? Empty
PostSubject: Where are the rest of the dormitories?   Where are the rest of the dormitories? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 5:42 am

It's come to my attention that in the books they only show Harry's boys dormitory for his year and looking from what I've seen with the small little towers coming from the seventh floor Gryffindor dormitories in pictures, I thought they'd only fit barely two years of Gryffindors in. Has J.K Rowling said anything about this? The directors? Because I reckon it's very unrealistic...and if that tower were to fit them, how if it's so small?
Back to top Go down
kivock
1st Year
1st Year

PostSubject: Re: Where are the rest of the dormitories?   Where are the rest of the dormitories? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 6:17 am

I don't think it is ever addressed in the books directly but, the towers could be like the magical tents. From the outside it looks normal but from the inside its 50 times the size it should be.
Back to top Go down
B0urne
6th Year
6th Year
B0urne

PostSubject: Re: Where are the rest of the dormitories?   Where are the rest of the dormitories? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 11:20 am

^Indeed that's what ive always thought..
Back to top Go down
Isabelle
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Isabelle

PostSubject: Re: Where are the rest of the dormitories?   Where are the rest of the dormitories? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:00 pm

I've never seen any sort of that magic in the books or movies, is it like that Grimmauld Palace magic?
Back to top Go down
B0urne
6th Year
6th Year
B0urne

PostSubject: Re: Where are the rest of the dormitories?   Where are the rest of the dormitories? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:15 pm

Who knows really..I guess we'd have to ask JK to know for sure.
Back to top Go down
Isabelle
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Isabelle

PostSubject: Re: Where are the rest of the dormitories?   Where are the rest of the dormitories? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:46 pm

Time for GinnyX research on potterforums.com to find out. She knows everything like this...
Back to top Go down
B0urne
6th Year
6th Year
B0urne

PostSubject: Re: Where are the rest of the dormitories?   Where are the rest of the dormitories? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 1:54 pm

She's a NERD Razz

I would research for you buit i cba atm its morning lol
Back to top Go down
Iceir Greyback
Admin
Admin
Iceir Greyback

PostSubject: Re: Where are the rest of the dormitories?   Where are the rest of the dormitories? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 2:58 pm

Well, the whole school is pretty much put together by magic. So, i reckon theres some sort of charm on it. Hufflepuff's Dorms are underground. Razz
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartschronicles.rpg-board.net
B0urne
6th Year
6th Year
B0urne

PostSubject: Re: Where are the rest of the dormitories?   Where are the rest of the dormitories? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 5:14 pm

They smell bad Wink
Back to top Go down
Vicodin
3rd Year
3rd Year
Vicodin

PostSubject: Re: Where are the rest of the dormitories?   Where are the rest of the dormitories? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 6:49 pm

well they just never say it in the books or the movies, but in reality all the kids are smushed together in one or 2 dorms. its child abuse if u ask me....
Back to top Go down
http://www.houseofjigsaw.com/board/index.php
Iceir Greyback
Admin
Admin
Iceir Greyback

PostSubject: Re: Where are the rest of the dormitories?   Where are the rest of the dormitories? I_icon_minitimeThu Jul 23, 2009 9:04 pm

Nah, theres one king sized bed and they all have too top and tails in it.
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartschronicles.rpg-board.net
kivock
1st Year
1st Year

PostSubject: Re: Where are the rest of the dormitories?   Where are the rest of the dormitories? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:12 am

Maybe the towers are much bigger than we think. We know that there are other doorways that go up some stairs from the Griffindor common room. She talked about the girls dorm in one of the books and when somebody made it only a few steps up a charm made the steps turn into a slide.... And in the fourth movie, the dragon was hangin all over one of the towers and it was a pretty good size. So, maybe there are several staircases leading up to other tower rooms and its just a lot bigger than Harry and Ron's one room.
Back to top Go down
Vicodin
3rd Year
3rd Year
Vicodin

PostSubject: Re: Where are the rest of the dormitories?   Where are the rest of the dormitories? I_icon_minitimeFri Jul 24, 2009 12:52 am

^ we should all go and visit
Back to top Go down
http://www.houseofjigsaw.com/board/index.php
Hermione McGonagall
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Hermione McGonagall

PostSubject: Re: Where are the rest of the dormitories?   Where are the rest of the dormitories? I_icon_minitimeSat May 22, 2010 5:37 pm

I like the plan of going to visit. I have always, always wondered about the towers. And the abundance of always empty classrooms. And the fact that if you work it out then there's about 5 boys and 5 girls in each year in each house which means that's only 40 kids per year. Which means there shouldn't be as many kids as there is.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Where are the rest of the dormitories?   Where are the rest of the dormitories? I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Where are the rest of the dormitories?
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Chronicles :: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry :: The Great Hall :: General Discussion-
Jump to: