Hogwarts Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Chronicles

We're back!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

The Department of Mysteries

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Topher
Topher

The Department of Mysteries Empty
PostSubject: The Department of Mysteries   The Department of Mysteries I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 6:10 am

This is a fan fiction that I'm co-writing with Julz of HPForums, and so far, I guess it's going half decently. I've got the first two chapters up so far. It's a Harry Potter fan fiction set betweent the Second Wizarding War and Harry's children's time at Hogwarts. The link would be in my signature, if I could figure it out, but if not, you can go to the link below to read it. I'll just post a sampler here to see how you like my writing.

Year One: The Department of Mysteries by Julz and Topher

"I will call you up alphabetically to be sorted." She strode to a platform in front of the Staff Table, about twenty yards away, and pulled over a stool, upon which sat a very old and very frayed hat that had a great tear in the front. She then wove her wand and a list appeared in her hand for her to read. "Abernathy, James."

The boy stumbled up toward the Professor, looking pale and extremely nervous. He sat on the stool as Professor McGonagall lifted the hat and placed it upon the boy's head. If it were not for his rather protruding ears, it would've fallen completely over his head and onto his shoulders. It took a moment, but the rip in the hat opened, shouting out, "GRYFFINDOR!"

So this is what sorts us, thought Sean as Adams, Macy was called to the stool. It considered for a moment, and then yelled, "RAVENCLAW!" The nervous looking girl hurriedly over to a table, whose members were clapping enthusiastically.

The Professor made her way down the long list, and it wasn't long before Michaels, Jason had been called to the stool. Sean felt a sick, tugging feeling in his gut. With almost certainty, he knew that he would be next in line. As the Hat called out, "SLYTHERIN!" Sean felt the blood rushing from his face.

"Miller, Sean."

All eyes were upon him now as he slowly made his way up to the stand, the strict Professor looking down upon him, though not necessarily in a mean way. This is it, Sean thought, as the Sorting Hat fell down over his head, plunging him into near darkness.

Last edited by Topher on Wed Apr 28, 2010 1:52 am; edited 1 time in total
Back to top Go down
Jessica
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Department of Mysteries   The Department of Mysteries I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:56 am

Ooh! I really like the sampler, but I'm technically not supposed to be on the internet, so I'll read the rest later. Very Happy Good work.
Back to top Go down
Topher
Topher

PostSubject: Re: The Department of Mysteries   The Department of Mysteries I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 2:41 pm

Thanks a bunch! I'll try to allow anonymous reviews, in case you don't have an acconut there. That way you'll be able to just use your username here and I'll know who you are! Unless you don't review, which is quite fine with me. Just give me your opinion. Smile
Back to top Go down
Gringotts_Goblin
Admin
Admin
Gringotts_Goblin

PostSubject: Re: The Department of Mysteries   The Department of Mysteries I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 5:40 pm

Post more Toph, I want to know whats going to happen! Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Topher
Topher

PostSubject: Re: The Department of Mysteries   The Department of Mysteries I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:51 am

Lol, GG, of all people, you know where to find the link. I don't see the point in posting more if it's on FanFiction.net. I'll just post the link here: Year One: The Department of Mysteries. And you can head on over! If you are unable to review anonymously, tell me, and I'll try to set it so you can.
Back to top Go down
Gringotts_Goblin
Admin
Admin
Gringotts_Goblin

PostSubject: Re: The Department of Mysteries   The Department of Mysteries I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:57 am

I went to the link Toph, I meant post some more chapters up already! lol, go get writing. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Jessica
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Department of Mysteries   The Department of Mysteries I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 1:10 pm

Razz I have an account on FanFiction.Net, my fanfic is on there, but so far no-one's reviewed it. Sad
But it's OK, I like it. Very Happy

Should we make a thread and put up our pen names or links to our profiles on there. That way people can get to our stories easy.
Back to top Go down
Topher
Topher

PostSubject: Re: The Department of Mysteries   The Department of Mysteries I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 3:03 pm

Hey, that's an idea, now. I could do that.

@GG: Oh, okay, yeah, I'm gonna finish up Chapter 3 today and then send it on over to Julz for proofreading, so it should be up tomorrow. AND LEAVE REVIEWS, WOULD YOU?!? Sorry, but I'm just desperate for some reviews of some sort. My cousin still hasn't even reviewed the second chapter, which isn't normal for him.
Back to top Go down
Jessica
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: The Department of Mysteries   The Department of Mysteries I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 9:53 am

I just read the rest of Chapter 2, I love it, it's an awesome story. Are you two writing the different point of views separately and then putting them together? Because if you are, it's really good. Very Happy Write mooorrrreeee!! Razz
Back to top Go down
Topher
Topher

PostSubject: Re: The Department of Mysteries   The Department of Mysteries I_icon_minitimeFri Apr 30, 2010 2:40 pm

Well, I'm co-writing it, once again, so, for the most part, I'm writing Sean's 3rd Person POV, and Julz is writing Julius's 3rd Person POV. I did write all of the second chapter, and the third's going to be up within a day. Again, feel free to leave a review, it won't hurt!
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The Department of Mysteries   The Department of Mysteries I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

The Department of Mysteries
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Chronicles :: Diagon Alley :: Flourish & Blotts-
Jump to: