Hogwarts Chronicles
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hogwarts Chronicles

We're back!

HomeLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Punctuality in Topic Titles

Go down 
4 posters
AuthorMessage
Iceir Greyback
Admin
Admin
Iceir Greyback

Punctuality in Topic Titles Empty
PostSubject: Punctuality in Topic Titles   Punctuality in Topic Titles I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 8:47 pm

I've noticed around the forum that topic titles round here don't tend to consist of capital letters and punctuation? Anyway, just a quick notice asking if everyone could please start being more punctual in there topic titles as it keeps the forum looking nice and tidy. There will eventually be awards and the most punctual person, not only in topic titles but in posts to, will recieve the award.

Thanks,

Dylan.
Back to top Go down
https://hogwartschronicles.rpg-board.net
Gringotts_Goblin
Admin
Admin
Gringotts_Goblin

PostSubject: Re: Punctuality in Topic Titles   Punctuality in Topic Titles I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:35 pm

I agree, I'm not a full blown grammar nazi,
But Topic titles should always be well thought out. Take the time to read your post's through and at least try to fix any errors you see.

Sometimes we all make mistakes, when were in a hurry, not thinking, in multiple thread's at once... but please make your best effort to keep the forum tidy and the headmaster (iceir) happy.

Thanks everybody.

--GG
Back to top Go down
Iceir Greyback
Admin
Admin
Iceir Greyback

PostSubject: Re: Punctuality in Topic Titles   Punctuality in Topic Titles I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 9:59 pm

I forgot to add that any threads that aren't made with a punctual title, I shall edit and make look more presentable.
Back to top Go down
Gringotts_Goblin
Admin
Admin
Gringotts_Goblin

PostSubject: Re: Punctuality in Topic Titles   Punctuality in Topic Titles I_icon_minitimeTue Apr 27, 2010 10:30 pm

Do you want me and Toph to do the same Dylan? Just generally tidy up title's if we see that they are messy?
Back to top Go down
Jessica
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Punctuality in Topic Titles   Punctuality in Topic Titles I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 9:59 am

Mwahahahaa, I'm a bit of a grammar nazi, so sorry but I HAVE to correct this:
Quote :
...but in posts to...
It's 'too'. I'm really sorry, but I cant stand bad grammar. Very Happy
I always try an have the correct punctuation in my posts and topic titles, if I skip something out, I go back and edit. Topics without capital letters kind of annoy me, I'm not sure why...
Back to top Go down
Gringotts_Goblin
Admin
Admin
Gringotts_Goblin

PostSubject: Re: Punctuality in Topic Titles   Punctuality in Topic Titles I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:32 am

Good find Jess,
That always seems to happen when your trying to tell people to improve their own spelling/grammar/punctuation.
It's really like I was saying in my last post, your not going to catch everything. Some mistake's are small and really rather hard to spot. Thats what the edit button is for Wink

Oh, and i'm glad to see we have at least one other semi "grammar nazi" here on the site. Very Happy
I try my hardest to make thing's as well written as possible, but you'll still see a few mistake's from me here and there. lol
Back to top Go down
Jessica
Young Wizard
Young Wizard
Jessica

PostSubject: Re: Punctuality in Topic Titles   Punctuality in Topic Titles I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 12:33 pm

^Exactly. Razz
No-one's perfect, and even us semi 'grammar-nazi's' slip up now and again. Very Happy
Back to top Go down
Iceir Greyback
Admin
Admin
Iceir Greyback

PostSubject: Re: Punctuality in Topic Titles   Punctuality in Topic Titles I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 6:08 pm

Well, if you guys are the Grammar Nazis, then I'm Hitler. It would be great if you and Toph could Grammer Edit aswell Grin, thanks.

I find myself alot of the time question someone about the spelling but I always spell 'spelling' wrong unless I really try. I usually do something like: "You have incorrect speeling in that sentence."

The the speeling? Anyway, you'll notice I do stuff like that alot. And when I say 'fall' I usually type 'faal' when I'm in a hurry. Hehe.
Back to top Go down
pps1993
2nd Year
2nd Year
pps1993

PostSubject: Re: Punctuality in Topic Titles   Punctuality in Topic Titles I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:14 pm

Just thought you'd like to know that the message below the main banner says "Were Back" when shouldn't it say "We're back"?
Back to top Go down
Iceir Greyback
Admin
Admin
Iceir Greyback

PostSubject: Re: Punctuality in Topic Titles   Punctuality in Topic Titles I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:26 pm

Correct, last-time I was on a different computer when I brought the forum back, and it wouldn't let me add an apostraphy.
Back to top Go down
pps1993
2nd Year
2nd Year
pps1993

PostSubject: Re: Punctuality in Topic Titles   Punctuality in Topic Titles I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:36 pm

Yeah, yeah. That's what they all say Razz

Nice save xD
Back to top Go down
Iceir Greyback
Admin
Admin
Iceir Greyback

PostSubject: Re: Punctuality in Topic Titles   Punctuality in Topic Titles I_icon_minitimeWed Apr 28, 2010 11:57 pm

I'm serious! Anyway, I've changed it. Thought I'd make a new banner whilse I was at it too.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Punctuality in Topic Titles   Punctuality in Topic Titles I_icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Punctuality in Topic Titles
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Hogwarts Chronicles :: Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry :: The Great Hall :: Headmasters Announcements-
Jump to: